1. Accommodation available at the property you have requested (“the Property”)
is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by S Williams to the renter
(“the Client”). S Williams is acting as the property manager for and on behalf of
the property owner (“the Owner”).
2. To reserve the Property, the Client should pay the deposit of £100 on-line or
by post (UK cheques) and should sign and return the Terms & Conditions to S Williams
who will then email a receipt for the deposit along with the due date for the remaining
balance. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. All bookings will be subject to a non-refundable accidental damage waiver fee
of £17.50, in lieu of being required to lodge a sum of money to cover the cost of
accidental damage during the holiday. This charge exempts the Client from having
to pay for any minor accidental damage and/or breakages in the apartment up to the
value of £250 per stay. This is payable together with the final balance. This charge
is not obligatory and if the Client prefers not to pay the waiver fee, the alternative
is to pay a refundable damage deposit of £250 payable with the final balance. Any
chargeable expenses arising during the rental period up to the value of £250 will
be deducted from the security deposit and the remainder refunded to the Client. If
no damage or breakages happen during the stay, the deposit will be refunded to the
Client in full within 2 weeks of the departure date, after completion of the post-rental
inspection. Whether the Client pays the non-refundable accidental damage waiver
fee or the refundable damage deposit, the Client will be responsible for the cost
of breakages and/or damage caused in excess of £250.
4. The balance of the rent is payable not less than 8 weeks prior to the start
of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, S Williams reserves
the right to give notice via email that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations
made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the
time of booking.
5. Price includes electricity, central heating, supply of laundry to include bed
linen, towels and tea towels. There are no hidden or extra charges.
6. Should the Client need to terminate the stay early, there will be no reimbursement
of rent. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance
policy which includes cancellation cover and to have full cover for personal belongings,
public liability, accident or other unforeseen eventualities.
7. The Property will be available from 4pm on the day of arrival. (An earlier time
can be arranged provided it is not a changeover day). On departure day the Client
shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after 10am.
8. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property
and on departure adhere to the points covered on the departure check list. S Williams
reserves the right to make retention from the security deposit to cover additional
cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
9. The Client agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to neighbouring
residents or people in the local area.
10. There is an indoor swimming pool in the abbey at Fort Augustus. Guests
must abide by the rules displayed in the Pool Complex. Please note
there is no attendant lifeguard. Closure of the pool area is unavoidable at times,
but if known in advance of your stay, you will be informed.
11. The maximum number of people to reside in the Property must not exceed 4 plus
baby (Fort Augustus - Livingstone Apartment & Dollarbeg Castle - Ballroom Apartment)
or 6 plus baby (Dollarbeg Castle -The Tower).
12. The Client agrees not to use the rental agreement to benefit in any way from
any third party, person or enterprise.
13. The Client accepts that a ‘No Smoking’ policy inside the Property is in operation.
14. The Client accepts that pets are not allowed to be brought into the Property.
15. The Client shall report to S Williams without delay any defects in the Property
or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances. S Williams will arrange
for repair or replacement to be made as soon as practically possible.
16. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client for any temporary defect or stoppage
in the supply of public services to the Property nor in respect of any equipment,
plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or grounds or for any loss, damage
or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riots, strikes or other
matters beyond the Owner’s control.
17. In the event of any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the
Client if the Property is not fit for rental purposes, shall be destroyed or substantially
damaged for any reason whatsoever before the start of the rental period, S Williams
shall, within 30 days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums
previously paid in respect of the rental period.
18. For any loss, damage or injury caused by the Client’s use of the accommodation,
amenities or to the Client’s vehicles and belongings or incurred by the Client during
any activities, the Owner shall not be liable.
If S Williams cancels the rental:
If after confirming the booking, the Property cannot be supplied to you for reasons
beyond the Owner’s control, another period of rental at the property will be offered
or a full refund of monies paid for the accommodation only.
If you cancel the booking:
If you cancel the booking for any reason, you must inform S Williams via email. The
cancellation will take effect from the date the notice is received. The cancellation
fees are set out below and is dependent on the time left before your rental is due
a) If S Williams receives notice of cancellation 57 or more days (8 weeks plus 1
day or more) before you are due to arrive, you will only lose the original deposit.
b) If S Williams receives notice of cancellation on any day between the 56th day
(8 weeks) before the date you are due to arrive and the 29th day (4 weeks plus 1
day) before the date you are due to arrive you will lose 50% (half) of the rental
c) If S Williams receives notice of cancellation on any day including or after the
28th day before your arrival date, or whilst the holiday is in progress, then you
will lose 100% (all) of the Rental Price.
20. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount
paid in respect of the rental period.
21. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the details provided are accurate,
the representations and details shall not give rise to any liability on the part
of the Owner. Every effort will be made to notify any changes in the details prior
to the commencement of the holiday.
22. I the Client have read, understood and will adhere to the above Terms & Conditions.
Castle Holiday Apartments
Registered Business Address: 73 Harley Street London W1G 8QJ